it is very fun, but it has taken me away from my blogging. Dave yelled at me about it today, so here I am, because I am good wife.
Making the round on facebook right now is a request to write 25 things about yourself. So, I am re-posting it here, so you non-facebookers can see this. It has been pretty fun to read peoples lists, and I would just love it if you would write your own list for me in the comment section! (Hint hint)
I have seen this titled “25 random thing about me”. “25 thing you don’t know about me” “25 things you don’t want to know”.
Mine is 25 things about me. Many of you may know some of these, I am not sure anyone knows all of them.
It has been so much fun reading the lists others have written, I got kind of jealous and wanted to write my own.
the deal is that you are supposed to tag 25 people and then those 25 people are supposed to write their lists and if you are tagged it is because I want to know more about you. Well, i want to know more about you, each and everyone of you.
1. I married for love and and a sense of humor, not for money.
2. consequently my dream of being a philanthropist with world wide impact may never come true.
3. I once audtioned for “Star Search” , I did not rise to national fame, perhaps my choice to cover the Sex Pistols was misguided.
4. I took the SAT, in 7th grade, my scores were fine and I never took it again. I have not lived up to my potential.
5. I After my 2nd year of college I moved to Alaska in search of a grand adventure. I found that adventure, I call him Dave.
6. I had my first piece of poetry published in 6th grade.
7. I have a forklift license.
8. Three kids does not seem like enough, although in truth I would say that even if I had ten.
9. Sometimes I wish that my mother was crazy, because everyone I know that has a crazy mother is also a fabulous writer, and I would love to be a truly great writer.
10. I am raising 3 really wonderful writers.
11. I like to make up silly songs, primarily about history.
12. I cannot sing “Children of the Heavenly Father”, “It is well with my Soul”, “I was there to hear your Borning Cry” or “Let all things now Living” without crying.
13. I want all those songs sung at my funeral, by a volunteer choir.
14. Although I love to make bread, I really don’t enjoy eating sandwiches. Too much bread.
15. When my kids are naughty, it is everything I can do not to cheer them on.
16. I love the idea of living communally and I hope that becomes a reality for us someday.
17. I throw myself into each and evey community I am a part of with reckless abandon. Every place I have ever lived is eactly where I wanted to be. Each time I have to move, a part of my heart is ripped from me, and that little piece stays behind. This is wonderful, because I have so many places I call home.
18. I got my first tattoo at 19 because I was sure that eventually I would marry a pastor and was convinced when that happened I would no longer have any fun. I married a chemist who later went to seminary, and have since found that many pastors are among the most fun. And I have added to my tattoo collection.
19. I felt petite once.
20. I can, if I have to, change the brakes on my vehicles. I prefer not to.
21. I have pictures of my dog on my phone, but not my kids.
22. When I see the suffering around me, locally and throughout the world, I am ashamed that I have ever felt sorry for my self in any way. My life is so good.
23. I went on a blind date that had all of the following: blood, flame, dirty diapers, doggie diarrhea, orange shag carpeting, a screaming infant, a malfunctioning toilet, stray hair on the entree and dental floss.
24. I don’t watch tv, I have never seen American Idol, I have never seen Desperate Housewives, I have never seen Lost. This is not because I feel I must shield myself fromt he evils of the world. I don’t watch TV because I am really lazy, and if I started watching TV I would never get anything done ever again.
25. Everyday I am thankful.